8.14.2022

the awesomeness of modernhousenumbers.com

Before I publicly shed tears of joy over modernhousenumbers.com, I need to note that I am not being paid nor receiving any kind of discount. Both of my orders with them have been delivered with no plans for any more (unless we build another house in the deep, dark future).

We used modernhousenumbers for our Austin home and, just recently, the cabin. They have a limited selection of cool fonts and colors, and their stuff is housemade and solid. For our Austin home, I hit them up with a custom request to "bounce" the circles in the address number up and down since there was a built-in rhythm. Not only did they do this, they didn't charge extra, even though I announced I was willing to pay for the work.

 


For the cabin, we are on Geronimo Street. We saw a restaurant in Santa Fe a few years ago (in the beforetimes) named Geronimo that dropped the o at the end in an homage to paratroopers in World War II (and kids at pools) yelling "GERONIMO!!!" before jumping. So I'm thinking "Let's drop the o!"

I was planning on doing it on the fly when a designer at modernhousenumbers reached out for me to approve the template. I asked if she could drop the o, and she did! And it will look awesome:


The build on these things is heavy duty, the design sweet, and the attention to detail and customer needs amazing.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment