There are some changes in this part of the house, namely the kitchen, pantry, and laundry. As requested, the architects changed the laundry back to what it was before after a flirtation with a built-in grill at the rest entryway. The big change in the kitchen is that there's no longer a doorway into the pantry. Instead, there's a place for a wall oven (and a microwave) and a recessed area for the fridge. Although a direct entry to the pantry is convenient, we weren't able to make it work out with the fridge and wall oven.
The other big change is the pantry. Instead of a sitting area just off the rear entryway, it's now a large storage room. Although a big open stairwell would be cool, having the added storage space is cooler. And this allows a wee sitting area on the second floor:
which should be tres cool because of the windows up there, giving the space a tree house feel.
The other change, somewhat minor, is the garage: It now has windows:
- pendants over the entries, dining room, stairway landings, and master tub (design seems to be moving away from pendants, but we like 'em).
- some more dimmers (master bedroom cans, dining cans).
- cable to the kitchen and garage (fed from the dining room).
- get rid of the land lines. We don't use one now; will people use land lines in the future?
- some more art lights
- plug under the master bathroom sinks (hope to wire up a drawer to charge stuff in a drawer instead of on a counter [wonder if the code allows this...]).
- a few more outside lights on the back of the house and garage
- more plugs on the back wall of the garage
- 220 in the garage for an electric car
- low level exhaust in the laundry for the catbox
- central wifi center?
- put the kitchen plugs under the cabinets/shelves
- timers on the exhaust fans
The architects say that things are really fix in' to take off in the next few weeks. Woo hoo!